Edition: October 2019
By registering or placing an order on this website, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
- Information that we collect from you:
- When you visit, register or order products or services on www.christianguild.co.uk you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, postal addresses, post code, email address and contact telephone number
- Business Information, such as employer details and job title, particularly from our corporate customers.
- Purchase history, including the hotels you have stayed in, activities on site (ie food purchases) and the date(s) of your stay;
- Demographic information;
- Customer communications preferences
- Customer Feedback;
- We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from messages you post to the website and e-mails or letters you send to us.
- To maintain customer service standards and to assist staff training, we may record and monitor incoming calls
We may supplement the information that you provide us with information from trusted third parties (including travel agencies, distributors and list rental companies).
When you book accommodation for other people, we may ask you to provide the above information about them (e.g. we will usually ask for the title, first name and surname, email address and nationality of a person for each room that you book for identification purposes). You should only provide us with information about other people if you have their permission to do so.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Your information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of our website and to supply the goods or services you have requested. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you, were necessary concerning your orders. We will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
- In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the website or our services. Further, where you have consented, we might also use your information to let you know by email about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
- Administration and management of our competitions, promotions and prize draws – you should check the applicable terms and conditions of the competition, promotion or prize draw for further information.
- Sending you communications about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you.We may also send you service information communication (e.g. reservations/booking confirmation). With your permission, the hotels within the Christian Guild group will keep you informed of news and offers
- Business, website and consumer analysis and reporting; and
- Correspondence between us, including where you use our ‘Contact us’ form
Disclosure of your Information:
- We may disclose your personal information to (in so far as this is in line with applicable local data protection law)
- Other hotels with in the Christian Guild (see further information) and to service providers for the purposes outlined above;
- A buyer in the event or occasion that we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party (as your information may be one of the transferring assets);
- Any third party where we are under a legal duty to do so, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers). This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purpose of fraud protection.
- Finally, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
- Unless required or permitted to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Where personal information is processed on our behalf by third parties (such as the purpose of processing your room booking), we put measures in place to keep your information secure.
Subscribing to Christian Guild
If you subscribe to our mailing list Christian Guild, then we will simply retain your marketing preference data, which will be added to the Christian Guild mailing list giving details of new products, competitions, promotions and offers.
Security and Data Retention
Christian Guild takes the security of any personal information we hold very seriously. We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Website Data Storage
If you submit a form on our site the data is retained indefinitely. The data from this website is stored on our third party hosting company’s datacentres within the EEA. More info on their terms and conditions.
Third Party Marketing Tools
We use the marketing platform Campaign Monitor to communicate with our opted-in marketing lists. Their data center provider is certified to the following compliance standards: HIPAA, PCI-DSS, SOC 1 Type 2, SOC 2 Type 2, ISO 27001 and FISMA/NIST. Their cloud provider has the following certifications: PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, SOC 1 / 2 / 3, IRAP, ISO 27018 and ISO 9001. Find our more here.
We would like to keep you informed of Christian Guild news and offers by post, email and other electronic means.
If you have agreed to receive such marketing communications you may opt out or change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us or using the unsubscribe link on our marketing emails.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Access to and amending your personal information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove personal information by contacting us. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please contact us on email@example.com.
Second Floor, Building Ten,
This site is operated by Christian Guild, the trading name for Methodist Guild Holidays Limited (Company number 00223776 and VAT number 657 886 076) whose registered office is Second Floor, Building 10, Cromford Mills, Cromford, Derbyshire, DE4 3RQ